Here’s the scoop:
- I run the half event in the Manitoba Marathon every year.
- I belong to a book club comprising mostly former/present child welfare workers but we try not to read about the subject.
- I love sauerkraut but I have to practically eat it in secret because my husband hates even the smell of it.
- One of my professional “highs” was delivering a presentation at the United Nations on sexually exploited youth and the way the media portrays the issue.
- I’ve been spelunking in a South Dakota cave, snorkeling in Cuba, hot air ballooning in Arizona and had the fastest ride of my life lugeing at Calgary Olympic Park.
- People make fun of my extremely disciplined, structured life but personally, I think everyone would be happier if they ate certain breakfast foods on particular days of the week, went grocery shopping every Thursday and cleaned the house on Wednesdays. Friday’s are planned, unstructured days, by the way.
- I’m an introvert who enjoys socializing but I always needs to balance it with a good amount of time alone.
- My guilty pleasure music of choice is funk/disco from the 70’s.